Thursday, November 3rd, 2011
Seems like a simple concept, Successful Internet Marketing. But how many of us have really experienced any substantive and sustainable success marketing on the Internet? And how do we define success? And how is marketing on the Internet different from more traditional marketing approaches and channels?
It starts, most always, with an effective website. So let’s start there. An effective website:
- Accurately describes and portrays your organization
- Is fresh and dynamic with regular updates and additions
- Is interesting and aesthetically pleasing such that it captures and holds your users’ attention
- Is secure, reliable, and stable
- Functions and displays optimally on most computers as well as cell phones and tablets
- Includes a clear path to conversions (sales leads, product sales, etc.)
- Provides a positive return on investment
Your website is a direct reflection on you and your company or organization. It’s often the source of the first impression your potential customers or clients. Does your website provide a positive first impression?
Having created an effective website, the next step is to attract an audience. This is really the essence of marketing — attracting people who have a reasonable probability of becoming your customer or client.
- Define the target demographic — “Who is my customer?”
- Define potential channels to attract that customer. (organic search, paid search, social networking channels, paid advertising, etc.)
- Define specific conversions and the value of those conversions — “What’s the value (projected return) of a new potential customer?”
- Determine a marketing budget.
- Spend some money.
- Measure the return.
- Do more of what works, less of what doesn’t.
So successful Internet Marketing begins with defining success. For most of us success involves attracting more people who want or need what we offer. Efficiently and profitably. It doesn’t have to be difficult. Define success. (In terms of your specific business). Build the foundation. (An effective website.) Identify your customer (demographics). Create a marketing plan. Execute your marketing plan. Measure the performance. Adjust as needed. Reap the rewards.
Need help? Call Red Sky Websites today. (302) 703-0700. Or email us. firstname.lastname@example.org.